From UO Motor Control and Cognition Lab
- Santamaria V, Rachwani J, Saavedra S, Woollacott M. The Impact of Segmental Trunk Support on Posture and Reaching in Children with Moderate and Severe Cerebral Palsy II: An electromyographic study. 2014 (In Preparation)
- Santamaria V, Rachwani J, Saavedra S, Woollacott M. The Impact of Segmental Trunk Support on Posture and Reaching in Children with Moderate and Severe Cerebral Palsy I: A Kinematic study. 2014. (In Preparation)
- Santamaria V, Rachwani J, Manselle W, Saavedra S, Woollacott M. The Impact of Segmental Trunk Support on Reaching and Posture while Sitting in Healthy Adults. Exp Brain Res. 2014. (In Submission)
- Rachwani J, Santamaria V, Saavedra S, Woollacott M. The Development of Trunk Control and its Relation to Reaching in Infancy: A Longitudinal Study (In Submission).
- Santamaria V, Rachwani J. Literature Review: XL Scientific Document. Development of reach-to-grasp & related sensorimotor systems in typical developing infants. Spanish Society of Pediatric Physical Therapy (SEFIP), 2014.
- Rachwani J, Santamaria V, Saavedra SL, Wood S, Porter F, Woollacott M. Segmental Trunk Control Acquisition and Reaching in Typically Developing Infants. Exp Brain Res, 228(1): 131-139, 2013.
- Santamaria V, Rachwani J. Physiotherapy in Haemophilic Artropathy of the Knee. Cuest. Fisioter. 39(1): 68-77, 2010.
- Rachwani Parshotam J, Santamaria Gonzalez VF, De Ru E. Functional Effects of Strengthening Programmes in Spastic Diplegia. Dev Med Child Neurol; 51 (suppl 5), 2009.
- Santamaria V. Infantil Obesity and Pickwick Syndrome. Spanish Society of Pediatric Physical Therapy (SEFIP), XVII Scientific Document, 2008.
I received my major in Physical Therapy in 2007. After that, I obtained my specialty in Pediatric Physical Therapy from the International University of Catalunya (UIC) and my Neuroscience Master degree from the University of Salamanca (USAL). Additionally, I obtained 60 graduate credits in Neurological Pathology from the University Rey Juan Carlos of Madrid (URJC). I also spent 4 years in the clinical context working with pediatric and adult patients with neurological disorders. I was delegate of the Spanish Society of Pediatric Physical Therapy (SEFIP) in Andalucia before coming to the United States. The aim of my research is motor control of reaching in healthy kids and children with Cerebral Palsy. I am also interested in how these parameters are interrelated with postural stability and what the underlying neural mechanisms are. After my PhD, I plan to continue investigating thoroughly motor control in brain injuries with the main target of evolving future neurological assessments and treatments. Additionally, I want to share and complement research with clinical practice in pediatric neuro-rehabilitation. Currently, I am participating as doctoral candidate in a NIH grant supervised by Dr. Woollacott and with the collaboration of Dr. Saavedra in the Motor Control and Cognition Lab, department of Human Physiology at the University of Oregon (UO).
I was born in Malaga (Spain) in January 16 in 1984. I have a great relationship with my family and friends. I am sociable, friendly and respectful. Also, I think that work-team is the best way to be successful not only in your job but in life as well. I like sports and especially martial arts. I am second level black belt of Karate and I have been practicing it since I was 11 years old.